Let's try it again: I need tailwheel training/endorsement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

onthebeach

Does anybody do tailwheel training east of the Mississipi? If so please PM me. I need the endorsement and would like to do it somewhere close to Kentucky if possible, if not, will travel. Prefer someplace where I can get some practice on sod as well as paved strips. Thanks.

Do you have your own plane? I do it east of the Mississippi.. I have an RV6, but can only provide training in it if you are purchasing or have purchased an RV6..

When you find something, let me know. I'm looking for something around SDF, but willing to go to as far as IOB, CVG and BWG. I'd prefer a Champ, C120/140 or Piper but beggers can't be choosers.

Bowman Eagles at LOU have a Citabria, Stinson and a Decathlon but I think you have to join the club to fly. I'll check on that for sure and find out...

Do a search for a thread on tailwheel training in Central Ohio/Columbus. I posted some stuff on that one, but it was maybe about a year old. I'm way to lazy to look it up myself!

But I will throw out that relatively close to CVG is Red Stewart's, which is a tailwheel mecca. www.stewartsaircraft.net tells all.

Over and Out,

Wang

BoilerUP - A Decath is a great bird to get some inital tailwheel time in.. I'd check it out..

You could get it done in Moultrie, Georgia at //http://mauleflight.com/ by Ray Maule. They have a grass strip parallel to one of their asphalt runways for some variety. Good BBQ in Moultrie but not much else to distract you while getting the endorsement. You can get floatplane training there too.

Latest resources

Back