• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's hear your best "I Quit" story....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
integrity?!!you mean like laying off a third of your pilots so the stock performs in the eye of the shareholders;then turning around and giving yourself million dollar bonuses!! what kind of professionalism is that to rob peter to pay Paul.

Two poor dudes had been through enough, so they ran the numbers, then landed a Challenger (601) at a short strip during a repo leg. They then rented a car, airlined home, and told the owner where he could pick up his airplane.

Had to remove the galley/interior and defuel to get it out.

Once quit a CFI job by flipping out on the CP. The dude got way on my nerves until one day I had it out with him and unloaded. CP just looked at me like I was insane, backed down and walked off as I verbally pissed all over him. Funny thing is, the owner wanted me to reconsider and stay. He thought well of me I suppose.

Sometimes people need to be put in their place. Especially short guys with large egos and contempt for their pilots.

Bull$hit. People know the pay scales before they walk into the interview. That dog won't hunt here.

Up until about 5 yrs ago it was damn hard to get payscales for most operations. Just because you might know what the pay is doesn't prepare you for the rest of story. I to have been victim of being sung a sweet story only to find a nightmare

Uh-please...quiting a flight school is like kicking a whore outta bed. NEXT.....

Perhaps, but it's the only quiting story I have to my name. :) I also made quite a scene and embarrassed the heck out of the CP, which he deserved.

Every place I've worked, aviation-related or not has been given the standard 2 week notice.

I certainly hadn't felt embarrassed and thought I spoke for all the other instructors as well. He was a petty man and got called on it. Personally, I think he was jealous of me in many ways. He certainly had it in for me it seemed.

That's bordering on unprofessional. What happens to the innocent passengers in that case? That's sorta like a doctor who walks out on a woman while delivering her baby - completely unnecessary but real cool... I hope he found his dream job because he won't be getting any references I am sure.

This is precisely why they have a dozen guys or so ready to go on an hour's notice. And you can say what you will, but setting pay aside, after you've been kicked in the berries enough times by an airline operator it just becomes 'us VS. them'. Sad but true.

When I left 121 for corporate(best move I ever made) I was having a monumentally bad day. The guy I was paired with was a real piece of work, too. So I had a 4 hour 'productivity break' scheduled in one of our bases(which they did to us all the time). I had already accepted a job elsewhere and given my notice, had a little sick time left....so I got off of that airplane called scheduling and said that I was unfit to finish that trip and not to call me anymore. Caught a jumpseat back to my car and never looked back.

Smartest thing I ever did, Clark.

Especially short guys with large egos and contempt for their pilots.
I worked for a guy like that outside flying. He fired, didn't release or terminate...but outright fired a girl. When her new prospective employer called him to ask the "did she work there" question, he said yes, but off the record, he would not recommend her for hire! He openly told this story to people.

Now...He could have been B.S.ing to put fear into his employees or to make himself look like a harda$$

Either way, his track record was insightful: 8 people quit under him in 3 years.

Latest resources

Back