Lets hear some good fr8 dog stories

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dickburns

Any good stories hauling freight? Improvised Lav solutions, ripping off an FBO, getting the freight in on time being more important than your first born, and etc.... Lets hear some good ones

I'm new to the freight dog life

I need to learn some tricks of the freight trade from the vets.... any ideas?

Once, we got called to pick up some freight, and they, uhm, said we needed to get there, like, right away cuz', uhm, they like needed it really bad, and, like, when we got there, we waited for 6 hours for it to show up. That, like, sucked. But we got to watch Girlz Gone Wild in the pilot lounge, and that was, like, awesome!

Here's a picture of me watching Girls Gone Wild:

http://www.boogiejack.com/warps/ChrisFarley.jpg

Dick,

Freight Dog stories are like fishing stories, the only difference is they are true. Many of us could probably tell stories that you would not even believe.

Leardawg is right on, it is all about hurry up and wait in this business...at least in the on demand side of freight hauling.

Nasty frieght ramps, FBOs that hide the cookies when you pull-up, weird lazy truck drivers, Ice, Thunderstorms, INOP equipment, pressure to launch, delayed freight, Customs problems, and dispatchers that aren't even as smart as the fueler. That is the life of an on demand freight dog.

It is not for everyone!

I have been sitting in KRFD for six days waiting for a trip.

The end.

Wait, I'm still here, clearly the end is not near:(

Wanked ..... a lot.

The most recent bad weather story I could tell, involved the director of ops calling the hub and saying that if any pilots took off, they'd be fired.

I know my airplane was in the hanger last week getting the holes repaired from the hail the guy who used it on another run flew through....breakin his airplane wasn't enough. What a jerk

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back