• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lets hear some good fr8 dog stories

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This one time at freight dog camp, i stuck a flute in my....whoa wait a minute i don't have one of those:erm: ...whoa or one of those:eek: ...DAM there goes my story!!! Sorry man, but i tried...

I had a UPS 757 driver jumpseating on my Beech 18 one night, I dont think he was much impressed.

There's the freight dogs, and then there's just the dogs.

Be sure to brush up on your "pager failure" checklist ... just for when you want your social life back...

"dispatchers that aren't even as smart as the fueler. That is the life of an on demand freight dog.

It is not for everyone!"

Stock up on the crayons... for those times when dispatch "just doesn't understand what the problem is"

Trying to figure out how to get an eight foot elbow of 10 or twelve inch HVAC
ducting into a 207...

Loading 63 pound flats of soda into a 172 till the tail falls down, then moving one into the right front seat so the tail comes back up.

Standing on a ladder fueling your airplane when it is -34F and the wind is blowing 29 kts because it's going to warm up to -30F and then you will be able to fly.

Going to turn on the taxi light and feeling the cheapass carlon switch fail internally cause it's so frigging cold.

Having dual gen failure in a twin. Twice. In Actual.

Laughing at corporate pilots (and their fancy-pants customers) as they part
like the Red Sea ahead of Moses as you storm towards the popcorn machine...

Having a stale piece of pizza and a warm beer for supper. At 0650EDT. And thinking how lucky you are...

Having the FBO call your CP because you wouldn't follow the ramper's vain attempt at marshalling you to the farthest corner of the ramp at o-dark-stupid in the morning cause "you might block customer access".

I was climbing through about 3000 just leaving my destination and I saw something falling from the sky. It turned out to be and I sh!t you not, MCdonalds fries trash.

My scariest freight story so far, going to work at oh dark thirty with the sun still down with 4 hours of sleep cuz I want to have a "social life at home" (AKA: There's shows on during prime time I like), out of instinct walking straight to the cupboards where they keep the hot chocolate to mix into the way too cheap coffee so it's tolerable enough chug down before time to pre-flight; to find................. No hot chocolate. OMG very scary, I have no idea how I got through that day.

-Brian

SPBRIAN said:
My scariest freight story so far, going to work at oh dark thirty with the sun still down with 4 hours of sleep cuz I want to have a "social life at home" (AKA: There's shows on during prime time I like), out of instinct walking straight to the cupboards where they keep the hot chocolate to mix into the way too cheap coffee so it's tolerable enough chug down before time to pre-flight; to find................. No hot chocolate. OMG very scary, I have no idea how I got through that day.

-Brian

Gosh, Brian! I never knew you had it so tough! Hehe!

dickburns said:
Any good stories hauling freight? Improvised Lav solutions, ripping off an FBO, getting the freight in on time being more important than your first born, and etc.... Lets hear some good ones

Well, got any more brilliant questions? We are here to help, but you haven't bought any beer yet!

After too much coffee to stay awake...deicing ...late deaparture...holding at destination due to storm, my bladder was at max fill. Looked for sick sac for 15 minutes....none to be found. Decided my rubber boot was the best option...felt good until I found the sick sac on the glareshield where I had put it. Lesson of the day grasshopper: Piss your pants...it's alot easier to explain then walking home with your boot in your hand. Good Luck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back