• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lenny Dykstra/Legends Air - BEWARE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya' can't just leave us hangin' like that.

A fake profile and nothing said....not much credibility there!

:)

He doesn't pay what he tells you he'll pay you, expects you to pay for fuel out of your own pocket, screams like hell if God forbid you have to go around. Check your PM G200....thanks for the words of confidence.

Last edited:
Fake Profile? Ok boss. A good friend of mine got hired by Dykstra 7 weeks ago + or -, left his job with the promise of making more money and having decent benefits just to move to CA and be told by Dykstra that he can't afford to pay him what he originally agreed to. Worse yet, he tells him that he can't pay him the agreed upon twice monthly salary payments until he has one of his houses sold. He continued to tell him that if he really didn't want to discuss the situation and if he brought up the subject again he'd be fired. A couple of days later Dykstra fires him for not paying for the fuel in his plane out of his own pocket. When I heard this it sounded almost too strange to be true. Don't take my word for it, ask around. It's a pretty small industry in the grand scheme of things. The fuel situation went down at KCGF + KBED today - he fired him over the phone on the spot from KCGF.

"boss"..??...anyhow

You could have just said this the first time, no? posting a BEWARE with no explanation is almost a joke.

and let me get this straight.....

Your friend quit his job and moved all the way to California on the "promise" of more money and decent benefits? how does one change your salary once you show up?

Was this "promise" in the form of a written and signed employment offer stating start date, position, salary, pay structure, and benefits? - in hand prior to quitting Job A?

Please dont say No.

Sorry to hear about his experience, sounds like a real nightmare. Now we all know someplace not to apply to.

http://www.individual.com/story.php?story=91653454

Sounds like a challenging job to say the least.

Last edited:
Contracts were signed first. Very sad state of affairs. You would hope for more integrity from people.

You would, but as always there are two sides to every story.

You would, but as always there are two sides to every story.

I would hope, but I would also know that hope is in vain. Maybe I'm just unlucky and have sen a little more o the seedy side of the industry than average but frankly nothing about this surprises me. Been there, been done like that.

I'm guessing if you were to ask Mr. Dykstra for his side of the story, you would get a torrent of abuse and obscenity about the pilot in question and he would end by saying you were trying to destroy his reputation and you would keep your mouth shut if you knew wht was good for you. Never met the guy, never even heard of him before but I am familiar with the type.

Latest resources

Back