• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Legacy deliveries for FLOPS - any FAs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still a bit restrictive if you ask me. You better do your homework before bidding up to a larger aircraft - you'll be there a long while... If I were a FLOPS Hawker or Beechjet Captain looking to jump to a larger aircraft, I personally would look at the 601 or Legacy before the F50 - although the X would be my choice if the flightdeck were a little more roomy on those longer flights... I suppose that is why you fly the X faster - to get out of the flight deck sooner...

I had the privilege of checking out an Options Legacy today, as at least one is already on the "line." The legacy cockpit is really nice and spacious (from what I could gather from sticking my head in there), at least more so than a Hawker and the like.

The plane was not painted in Options colors (strictly white paint job) but did have a CW tail number. The crews (includes an FA) right now are all contract guys; I have no idea when FlOps pilots will be hitting the line. Current speculation says that they will be flying with contract pilots for at least 75 hours.

The interior of this aircraft seemed to be most similar to a Citation X. GIV is definitely bigger. Not sure how the owner costs/block hour costs are going to compare to the rest of the fleet, but it looks like a nice addition.

Diesel said:
why wouldn't a gulstream, challanger, or f50 captain be able to bid it? Why are only smaller fleets allowed to bid the aircraft. I know it might be a lateral move but that's the benefit of senority.

No UNION, No Senortiy...

Simple ain't it???

I can see the company's point and logic in this rule. this isn't an airline where every airplane is either bigger or smaller then the one next to it. It could very well happen that the fleet be comprised of 5-6 aircraft types that all weigh about the same , are the same size ect. then what? the if these airplanes all sit at the same place in the fleet line-up then all that will happen is that the 40-50 numbers that can hold them will spend thier careers moving from one type to the next and nobody below will ever move anywhere. All the company will spend it's money doing is type rating those same 40-50 pilots as they move around at will.
In America it's still legal you know for a company to look out for it's best interests.

Latest resources

Back