Legacy deliveries for FLOPS - any FAs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Well, Legacy deliveries are official now. Will the Legacys use flight attendants? Also, do you think these birds will go senior for bidding - are FLOPS pilots dying to fly them? Will they be Europe capable nonstop?

See article below:

Embraer Delivers Four Legacy Aircraft to Flight Options, LLC
Wednesday December 17, 3:15 pm ET
First Legacy Models in Fractional Ownership Operation

SAO JOSE DOS CAMPOS, Brazil, Dec. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Embraer (NYSE: ERJ - News) announced today the conclusion of the delivery of four Legacy Executive aircraft to Flight Options following an agreement last October for the acquisition of four jets.
ADVERTISEMENT

"The comfort, performance, reliability and economy of the Legacy Executive make it a natural choice for the fractional ownership market," said Antonio Pires Monteiro, Embraer's Senior Vice President, Corporate Aviation Market. "The fractional ownership system opens Legacy Executive ownership to an entirely new market of potential customers. We are pleased that Flight Options has chosen to add the Legacy Executive to their fleet."

"The Legacy will be a desirable addition to our large cabin capacity," said John Nahill, chairman and CEO of Flight Options, LLC. "The Legacy delivers the performance, range and passenger space of a larger cabin aircraft, but with the Occupied Hourly Rate of a super mid-size aircraft. We are pleased to have it in our fleet."

The Legacy Executive delivers an abundant 39.9 cu. m. (1,410 cu. ft.) cabin volume, the largest in its class. Every Legacy features a complete and customized interior, providing ample room for work, or relaxation, distributed in three cabin zones for enhanced privacy. The Legacy Executive cruises at up to Mach .80 and offers a non-stop range that reaches up to 3,250 nm (6,019 km), with eight passengers and NBAA IFR reserves in a 13-seat configuration.

About Flight Options, LLC

Based in Cleveland, Ohio, Flight Options, LLC is the world's fastest growing fractional aircraft provider and employs over 1,300 professionals across the United States. Flight Options offers fractional shares and leases in its fleet of more than 200 aircraft, which includes the world's largest fleets of King Air's, Beechjet 400A's and Hawker 800s. The fleet also includes the CitationJet, Hawker 400XP, Citation V, Citation 650, Citation X, Falcon 50, Challenger 601, Gulfstream IV and Legacy.

Yes, they have FAs. "Dying to fly them?" I don't know about that, but they are going pretty senior. Yes, they are Europe and Hawaii non-stop capable. There's at least one other thread with more details on the aircraft specs, and embraer.com has lots of info.

Senior Yes but....

Bidding rules still apply. The G-IV, CL600,and F-50 PIC's can't bid it, which means that it's only open to PIC's 800XP and below (and of course all SIC's)

why wouldn't a gulstream, challanger, or f50 captain be able to bid it? Why are only smaller fleets allowed to bid the aircraft. I know it might be a lateral move but that's the benefit of senority.

I saw a Legacy blast off out of SDL a few weeks back - very quiet and nice performance (like the regular 135/145). Somehow it looked so much bigger than I remembered (I suppose compared to the Lears and Citations that surrounded it).

I have never been in the cockpit of a jungle jet, but I presume that it must be a bid wider than a Beechjet or a Hawker 800XP cockpit. So, from a comfort standpoint, I would assume the Legacy will be popular on those transcon trips among pilots. If I had the opportunity, I'd bid it... It is as big as a GIV/V on the ramp.

why wouldn't a gulstream, challanger, or f50 captain be able to bid it?

The Legacys are in the same cabin class as the F-50's, CL601's and G-IV's (all large cabin). FltOps policy is no lateral moves in the same cabin class. Therefore, the large cabin PIC's were not eligible to bid the Legacy. With the exception of the 135 Chief Pilot, all the new Legacy captains were either large cabin SIC's or smaller cabin PIC's.

So, if you bid F50 Captain you better like it because you ain't movin' anywhere... That is a bit restrictive for my book - if I were senior and I was flying the F50, you better believe I would want to fly the GIV or Legacy when I am **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** well ready....

Another reason to consider Netjets I guess...

what about let's say that your a junior captain in the challenger but a slot opens in the F50 which would make you a senior captain. How could you not go? I bid based on quality of life not on size of airplane.

This isn't an airline

Nor is it run like an airline. There is no such thing as junior PIC or senior PIC. The policy is pretty simple.....no lateral moves.

Latest resources

Back