• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

leaving jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sorry that my company wasted it's time on you.

:uzi:

Market forces. Every pilot who leaves your airline helps put upward pressure on your wages.

You should be thanking him.

Agreed. The company actually seems to be sitting up and noticing the attrition levels (It's hard to make money contracting out the sims at JBU if we're constantly training our own replacements....)

I almost left for Delta, but I could not afford it. The difference in pay would have taken over 10 years to make up the difference. When someone decides to take a look elsewhere and see if they can improve their life they have many factors that go into the equation. In the end we all have many different needs, career objectives, and quality of life factors that go into the decision. Whatever you decide in the end you must decide what is best for you, not some chump on this site or any other site. Good luck!

What is dumb about these types of threads is that they always turn into one of those "my job is better, your job sucks" types of things. If one has an opinion, there are 10 guys to come by and tell him how wrong he/she is. I know guys that left airlines to fly fracs and love it. I know guys that left fracs to fly majors and they love it. The opposite is true as well. Having said that, I don't think, looking at the current snapshot, that B6 offers much to a brand new hire in the long term. Then again, I wouldn't go back to Frac flying unless I had no other choice. MY OPINION!!!! You don't need to flock here and tell me how wrong I am. MY OPINION ONLY!
My real advice would be, quit while you are young and go to some sort of medical school.

If you work for a crap fractional you are likely to have a bad experience. You can't compare Netjets to FLOPS. The work rules and the respect levels are completely different. That's like comparing Delta to Skybus.

A guy I know who left JB called it the "Wal-Mart" of the airline industry - no attempt to offer industry-best in any category (wages, benefits, QOL, etc.). In his opinion JB always took the "cheap" route.

So, if you like industry-average wages and benefits, slow growth, spending a lot of time in JFK, frequent red-eyes and day-rests (on the Bus) and few domicile choices (forcing you to commute if you want to live outside of those few domiciles), then stay at JB.

But hey, you get to enjoy those frequent red-eyes in a wide Airbus cockpit - yipppeeeeee!!!!!!!

I actually worked at CitationShares which was a decent place to work.

The original poster was asking for advice from people who had done both types of flying. It's certainly just my opinion.

The fact that you have to trash other's jobs to make you feel better about your own is pretty sad.

Good luck

I actually worked at CitationShares which was a decent place to work.

The original poster was asking for advice from people who had done both types of flying. It's certainly just my opinion.

The fact that you have to trash other's jobs to make you feel better about your own is pretty sad.

Good luck

I guess you are new to these boards. People ask for opinions and they get them. Take them for what they are worth - we are talking opinions and not facts. I think it is natural for people to be defensive about their jobs. Emotions sometimes run high. There are positives and negatives with every job and sometimes you attempt to debunk the spin.

In my opinion, Netjets would be a better option than JB over the long term for some distinct reasons - but that's only my opinion. The poster asked for opinions. If people want to disagree then they can...

My real advice would be, quit while you are young and go to some sort of medical school.

I have never seen anyone on this board that seems smart enough for Medical school.

Vin,

You are talking about leaving a good company in an unstable market position for a great company in a solid market position. That is fact.

It comes down to what sort of flying you want to do, and to your long term career goals.

Of course, we know each other. Call me, and lets discuss!

Spaz

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back