• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8HRRULE said:
Dude, Respectfully, I disagree.

I agree with you.

SA pilots are going to be out of a job when the Saab leases expire, yet now they are coming over to CHQ. Why should they be senior to me, when I've been here longer??

There is only one solution....A solution over half of our pilot group supports...

EMB170 Pilot, the most senior FO on the list is a VERY JUNIOR FO overall. Your upgrade time is going to be a long ways away, and even then you're going to be upgrading in the 145. Would you want to delay that because some Saab driver comes over?

Think about it, 100 pilots is, at our current upgrade rate, about 6 months difference. Are you willing to delay upgrade that long to help out someone who would have been out of a job anyways? I'm all about helping out the SA pilots, but you have to look out for number one first.

Our growth WILL stop. Think about it.

EDIT: You say CHQ pilots did a great thing and not staple SA pilots to the bottom. Tell me, when did the ballots comes out, since this was just announced 2 days ago?

2EDIT: I'm open to many ideas, and the more I read from the IBT site, the more I realize there are many different ways to go about this. Perhaps a staple is not the greatest idea, but I encourage everyone to read the possible solutions and come to the decision on what affects them most.

Last edited:
Puke'n Eagle said:
Citation Lover,
I disagree on this point, flying for a commuter is a career progression to build time and turbine PIC is the new buz word for HR. Young bucks need to get it where they can and it doesn't matter (minus the dirtbag companies) if it's Eagle, Mesa, CHQ,Trans States, etc. Where can he go? You know this industry is cyclical and hiring will always roller coaster but the guy with the most capt time wins. Corp or majors, the question is how much PIC do you have. And Left seat pay at most airlines is much greater than right seat pay so if you do get stuck at Mesa, it's better than six years at Eagle as an FO. Look at my title, that reflects two captain upgrades and I'm now a FO again. I expect it will take AA several years to recall. History repeats itselft from 1992 to 1997 when last this happened.
vtpilot, jump ship and go where you can PROGRESS. I assure you, UPS and FedEx do not care if you flew for Eagle or CHQ.

by the time you upgrade and get your 1000hrs the hiring boom at fedex and ups will be over!

jumppilot said:
I agree with you.

SA pilots are going to be out of a job when the Saab leases expire, yet now they are coming over to CHQ. Why should they be senior to me, when I've been here longer??

There is only one solution....A solution over half of our pilot group supports...

EMB170 Pilot, the most senior FO on the list is a VERY JUNIOR FO overall. Your upgrade time is going to be a long ways away, and even then you're going to be upgrading in the 145. Would you want to delay that because some Saab driver comes over?

Think about it, 100 pilots is, at our current upgrade rate, about 6 months difference. Are you willing to delay upgrade that long to help out someone who would have been out of a job anyways? I'm all about helping out the SA pilots, but you have to look out for number one first.

Our growth WILL stop. Think about it.

EDIT: You say CHQ pilots did a great thing and not staple SA pilots to the bottom. Tell me, when did the ballots comes out, since this was just announced 2 days ago?

2EDIT: I'm open to many ideas, and the more I read from the IBT site, the more I realize there are many different ways to go about this. Perhaps a staple is not the greatest idea, but I encourage everyone to read the possible solutions and come to the decision on what affects them most.

Hey Jump The ONLY THING I do not want to happen is a staple. If our CHQ pilot group can come up with a solution to this problem, GREAT!! OUTSTANDING!! EXCELLENT!! I just do not want a staple PERIOD. I believe doing that, our actions will speak louder than words.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back