• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Learjet 70 and 75

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Should have called it the 40/45XR+, because that's pretty much what it is; a derivative airframe with updated avionics, engines, and interior appointments, producing marginal gains in climb/cruise/range/payload performance. Just like Cessna has been doing for over a decade.

I bet it will climb like a sumbiatch with the extra thrust, though...

I would hope that for the pilots sake, they found a way to make them more quiet. I got back in a Lear last month for the first time in 6 months and forgot how dang loud those things are. You cant even think in any Lear without headsets.

Dropped of the Sales team on their way to Geneva. Was quoted 600pds of thrust per side, Synthetic Vision and increased Zero Fuel weight. They've been flying demos on both for over a year quietly. Its a beast.

No it's 300 per side actually. And the zero fuel weight is staying the same. The only differences between the 45 and 75 is going to be engines -40BR's, garmin 5000, blended winglets that look funny, and different seats and galley. So, basically engines/avionics. And the 70 will hold the same fuel as 75 (6062lbs). Not much differences really as far as customer is concerned except for that extra fuel on 70. Will be nice to get "modern" avionics though.

type rating for 70/75

Anyone know if a new type rating will be required for 40/45 pilots? Or is it just differences training?

I would hope that for the pilots sake, they found a way to make them more quiet. I got back in a Lear last month for the first time in 6 months and forgot how dang loud those things are. You cant even think in any Lear without headsets.
Yes and you havent flown the really loud one. The good old 24B. Now thats what a jet should sound like.

Latest resources

Back