• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds just as bad as Key Lime Air.

PA31Ho said:
it's Chipola Aviation in Panama City, FL

Just googled that name. That is the lamest excuse for a website I have ever seen. No wonder they pay $40 a day! They should lose their certificate for the level of professionalism they are not displaying. But y'all are right - they will find what they are looking for. Too bad for everyone.

iflyabeech said:
They did have lots of guys paying them to fly right seat. . . I think that visa problems took care of that though.

I'd PAY $40/day for jet time. You can't even rent a C172 for less than $100/hr now. TJ SIC? I'll take it!

Like I said before, " Put the bong down !"

smellthejeta said:
I'd PAY $40/day for jet time. You can't even rent a C172 for less than $100/hr now. TJ SIC? I'll take it!

that's one reason why this industry is the way it is... people that do pay for training and pay for sic time when if you have a commercial you DESERVE to get paid not be paying!

PA31Ho said:
that's one reason why this industry is the way it is... people that do pay for training and pay for sic time when if you have a commercial you DESERVE to get paid not be paying!

I know that. That's one reason I stopped my training before my commercial certificate, and pursued a career as an air traffic controller. We're taking our turn at the chopping block, but short of contract flying, I'm out of commercial flying. The market is too rough, and I don't "want it bad enough" to put up with all of the crap necessary to make a good living.

One of my local 135 operators (I know the owner very well) says that 1) He'll hire me when I'm qualified and 2) If I know what's best for me, I'll continue my education and stay far away from jet airplanes unless I'm riding in the back.

fly by night charter operators suck

I just dont think its worth it to just build time and suffer with that kind of pay. For one thing, all you will do is just work the radios. I dont think any captain would let you fly often enough to gain a real experience.

The workload for the captain is also extremely high when working with a low time pilot.

A company that is willing to pay someone slave wages, to me, is most likely and dangerous 135 company. One that would do anything just to make a buck... I.E. bust as many regulations as possible...duty, wx, performance,and so on and so on....

One 135 company that comes to mind is the charter operator than killed payne stewart. Forget the name, but out of ORL..

Latest resources

Back