Lear Jet type Q

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

na265

Does anyone know who gives LJ 20-30 series types other than FSI or Simu Flight. Some where in TX or Fl would be good. Thanks..265

SimCom in Orlando

Cheaper than the others...but you get what you pay for.

Simcom or whatever they call themselves now, PanAm perhaps, offer Lear Jet type ratings. Although I am not sure if they offer any 20 series differences. But you can get a LR-Jet type and that covers both as far as the Feds are concerned.

Yes, the Learjet type rating covers 20 and 30 series, and the LR55 as well. However, the 20 and 30 really ought to have been two different type ratings.

Simcom is cheaper, but do you want cheap, or good?

You'd be dollars and learning ahead to pursue Simuflite for that rating. Their materials are far better, and personally, I like their training.

Simcom is good. I went thought there for all my Lear training. They can give you difference training there. The material is the same as anywhere else. The book contain the same stuff basically I have stuff from Simuflite and Simcom. I also worked there so...take that for what its worth.

For what it is worth I did my LR35 initial and LR55 initial and recurrent at Flight Safety, Tuscon and several LR35 recurrents at Simuflite. In my humble opinion Simuflite's Lear program is much better than Flight Safety's. The book material was basically the same as well as the simulators. However, the instructors at Simuflite are generally more familiar with the corporate environment. It seems Simuflite prefers hiring people with that type of background. This lends itself to a course of instruction more grounded in the type of environment you will operate in. My experience with Flight Safety, Tuscon was most of the insructors were retired military. While they certainly have the knowledge and experience, the instruction is more laboratory than real life. This is just the opinion of this pilot.

But, if I had to sport the $$ I would spend them at Simuflite.

I did Simcom when they were still called PanAm and in Miami. They left a lot to be desired. They do differences training for the 20, but they lacked any practical knowledge of the aircraft.

As for FSI, I personally prefer FSI over Simuflite. If had issues with Tucson, I don't blame you. Everytime I have gone to Tucson, I have had issues with them. Wichita has always been a better facility fo the Lear. All the instructors I have had there are homesteaders and know the aircraft.

Latest resources

Back