Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

peter185

Is this low?
Can a lear 60 fly scottsdale to saint croix non-stop with full fuel? It is 2698 nm direct, if not how much wind would it take to make it possible. Is there anything else in the 6-7 million dollar range in that category of aircraft that are going to make that trip non-stop eastbound. I realize westbound is another story.

longest i had the 60 in the air was 5 hrs and 30 minutes, landed with 1100 lbs, lrc was 415-420. You can do the math on what kind of tailwind it would take. It's a good machine, but i think you would have to stop on that trip.

Just ran the numbers and to get to TISX with any kind of reserve at all, you'll need to do that leg in 5hrs or less.

With that said, you'll need 125 on the tail to do that leg in 5 hrs. So basically, at those latitudes, you'll never get it.

I don't know that you'll find anything out there for 7 mil to do that leg eastbound non-stop.

I'm guessing Astra SP. It does have a removable extended tank, good for 600 lbs. I went TJSJ-KADS in a little over 5 hours with the extened tanks. Landed with 1500 lbs.

how bout an early 80's cl-601. They're in the controller from 6-8 mil. There's a few G3's on there in your price range too!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back