Lear 60 part 91

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NYRANGERS

I was wondering if I could tap the mind of some corporate pilots here.

What would be a fair range of pay for a Part 91 Lear 60 captain? What would it be for an F/O? How is maintainance set up for you 91 jet guys. Any other information would be great.

Thanks guys,

NYR

ok, since your info was so vague, unfortunately my answer will be too (I don't know where you are located, etc...)

Lear 60 Captain (All regions of the US)
Average Salary: $86,305
Salary Range (average): $63,535 - $101,405

Obviously if you live in CA or other high cost areas I would expect the pay to be near the high end, if you live in podunk, you are probably looking more towards the low end.

Hope this helps.

NYR --

In response to your second question about maintenance, our Part 91 King Air 200 is maintained under a four-phase inspection program. One phase must be completed every 200 flight hours, and two phases must be completed every 12 calendar months. Our utilization of about 200 hours a year means that we typically have two phases done at once, once a year.

Our maintenance is done by an OEM-approved provider with extensive experience on type. The important thing is to find a shop with experience on your type and people you can trust. Many multiple-aircraft operators will hire their own maintenance personnel and do all but major work in-house.

Hope this helps.

R

Thanks for the replies guys. I am just trying to get an idea of how lear 60 would favor in this situation.

NYR

Do you have the opportunity to fly one? I have a friend who flies one out of VNY - he loves it.... Says it takes off like a rocket! Would be great to get some experience in one.

>>.... Says it takes off like a rocket!

Oh dear Lord, yes. Went up in a LR-60 on a Mx test flight. Two Flex Jet pilots, me and the lead mechanic. Otherwise empty LR-60 with 1/2 tanks in ATL on a hot day. She was still accelerating in a 45-degree deck angle. Capt. said in that situation, esp. on a colder day, you can stand her on her pipes and get the digital VSI to indicate 18000 fpm (albeit briefly). Yikes!

Lears don't have phase checks, although it works similarly. Flex called them line checks, but its all based on hours or calendar checks. Ask the DoM (Director of Maintenance) to show you their maintenance program. Usually CAMP or some other company provides a folder with details on all current or pending scheduled maintenance items....

Latest resources

Back