Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cheyflyer

It wasn't me!!
Tryng to get a little info for a friend of a friend. Anyone know the average new hire starting pay for Lear 55 fo. Location is South Florida but any 55 fo pay would be ok too. Not sure of the guys experience level or how much they fly, just looking for ball park figures.

Thanks,

cf

Doesn't Hop-A-Jet pay Lear 55/60 pilots by the hour? That's the lamest pay scheme I have ever heard of - I guess you get what you pay for......

yeah on top of it, you'll be cleaning the airplane, office work, picking up the chief piot's dry cleaning, shopping for office supplies, drinks and snacks for the airplane. working 9-5 everyday, mopping the hangar. etc etc.... ohh yeah and serve drinks in the back and maybe touch the controls on an empty leg once a month. south florida suck$, keep your distance.

Tell your buddy to skip that garbage flying and just go to a regional. He'll make the same money and at least have some hard days off a month. And you also get to actually fly. While the regionals aren't the best, he will gain some pretty good experience.

i know that jetdirect/jetcorp is starting FOs with 2000+ at $34K i believe. and you are sent to school for intial type in the 55.

seems like 30K-35K is common for FOs. im not an expert in the Lear community, but i did sleep at a holiday inn express last night. lol! but a lot of the FO jobs im applying for are for the most part in this range.

Ray

Tryng to get a little info for a friend of a friend. Anyone know the average new hire starting pay for Lear 55 fo. Location is South Florida but any 55 fo pay would be ok too. Not sure of the guys experience level or how much they fly, just looking for ball park figures.

Thanks,

cf

Tell your buddy to skip that garbage flying and just go to a regional. He'll make the same money and at least have some hard days off a month. And you also get to actually fly. While the regionals aren't the best, he will gain some pretty good experience.

My company the pay for F.O. is 25K with a 1K bonus every 90 days, so the pay is 29K plus 60 per diem domestic, 100 international. Upgrade is one year (solid), unless the person comes in with real low time.

First year captain makes base salary of 40K and 60 per block hour, plus the same per diem as above. About 75K a year.

Regionals= 19K first year, sit right seat for two years, fly left seat for one year, then upgrade to a regional with a jet, and you can still barely afford your bills.

I'm not a big fan of the regionals, but I don't have a wife or kids so I'm not too concerned with hard days off, I know a lot of guys are though.

What all the other guys said is true though. As an FO my first year I flew 900 hours and made 25K a year, and it sucked. In the long run it has paid off. I've been a Cap in the Lear for almost a year, and should slide to Cap in the Gulfstreams pretty soon. To each his own.

Who do you work for Shamu, and what is considered "low-time" for a newhire?

900 hours/year? In a bizjet? Even in charter, oh my!:eek:

At least with your gig the PIC time and extra cash comes quickly...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back