Lear 55/60 PIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flynlow

What is an average starting salary for a PIC job in a Lear 55/60, NYC metro area, with a mix of 91 and 135 flying? What kind of benifits are different operators offering? I'm trying to get an idea for the eventual salary/benifit requirement question.

What is an average starting salary for a PIC job in a Lear 55/60, NYC metro area, with a mix of 91 and 135 flying? What kind of benifits are different operators offering? I'm trying to get an idea for the eventual salary/benifit requirement question.

Low end 65k high end 94K all depends on experience so if you have 200+ PIC in the LR60 average is 83K starting.

65k is on the low end nationally. For the NYC area, try more like 85-90 for the low end and over 100k on the high end. Depends on the sched but at least two weeks off a year to start. Health insurance, all depends on the company but I've never heard of it not offered except by low-balling employers and even a lousy 401k match is usually made available.

Mr. I.

How about insurance, per diem or credit cards, 401k's vacations, etc...? Thanks

As said before usually 2 weeks to start for vacation the other questions are hard to answer as everyone is so different. On average most offer some form of insurance from company sponsored to employee responsibility. Per Diem is hit and miss, 401k are offered by most with wide range of match. Credit cards again vary.
When I was interviewing and was asked that question I just told them I would like Pro Pilot survey average or better which in the LR60 is 84K.

Last edited:
I've seen the NBAA survey, does the Pro Pilot one break the airplanes positions down into the different geographic regions? The NBAA survey only does it seperately so it's hard to get a good average for type/seat in a region. Thanks for all the info. It should help me from making a lowball offer and regreting it later.

I've seen the NBAA survey, does the Pro Pilot one break the airplanes positions down into the different geographic regions? The NBAA survey only does it seperately so it's hard to get a good average for type/seat in a region. Thanks for all the info. It should help me from making a lowball offer and regreting it later.

I dont think they do. There was a thread somewhere if you could find it you can ask.

I pay our capt 78k with full (great) benefits. ac flys on 200 hrs per yr with avg 5 rons per month. 3 pilot operation. We have a copilot posistion as well that pays less and a manager posistion for the 60 that pays more than 78K but the capt pay is 78ish.

mx is that in the NYC area? Thanks for all the info. I'm waiting for the offer sometime this week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I pay our capt 78k with full (great) benefits. ac flys on 200 hrs per yr with avg 5 rons per month. 3 pilot operation. We have a copilot posistion as well that pays less and a manager posistion for the 60 that pays more than 78K but the capt pay is 78ish.

Are you hiring? :D

Latest resources

Back