Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gatorman

Snot-nosed college boy!!
I would like to ask a quick market survey for the Lear 55/60 operators out there to see if there is any interest in an upgrade to the oxygen mask.
I was prevy to a meeting where company reps from Eros were trying to sell my company on developing the STC for the installation of a new mask.

So, here is my question. Would you want to change out your current oxygen mask (ref the MC10 nasal mask) for the new MLD20 full face mask?

Please help me with the pros and cons if you have any.

You guys (and gals) are the market and this is my survey.

(Me personaly, I would not do it. Why would an operator want to change out a mask for any way? How often are you really using them? - but that is just me)

Thank you Untrarunner. Sadly, that is a good point that you make.

Having worn a (LR60) mask a few times in real emergencies, I can say they work fair at supplying O2, the intercom communications were terrible, and they're very uncomfortable.

The breathing noises, lousy microphones, and trying to listen through the overhead speakers, inhibited crew communications greatly during critical times. If someone fixes the communication issues and keeps the O2 delivery the same or improves it somehow, the comfort issue could be ignored during an emergency.

With greater comfort, crews may be more likely to actually wear a mask as the regs say to.

The million dollar question is: Will a new mask sell?
Maybe the OEM will buy into new mask technology, but I doubt an owner's going to pony up the bucks.
Good luck.

I just have a little conversation with a pilot and basically the conclusion to the conversation was that he does most of his flights above FL40 and needs to be on the gas. He would rather not have to wear the goggles or anything else for that matter and does not see that wearing the full face would make his flying any better.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Latest resources

Back