• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lear 45 vs. Citation Excel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats what you get for flying Ratheon Products... our Citation Windshields are made to stay on the aircraft :)

Thats what you get for flying Ratheon Products... our Citation Windshields are made to stay on the aircraft :)

It was not a Raytheon/ Hawker/ Beech product.

It has even happened on Boeing products.

BTW, How does that Citation Windshield heat work? I know the ones I flew were loads of fun to taxi in the rain. Not to mention you need to visit the chiropractor after a flight in turbulence.

I would certainly worry about this in your Cessna since you are always having to have your plastic windows measured to see if they are thick enough.:D

400A said:
BTW, How does that Citation Windshield heat work? I know the ones I flew were loads of fun to taxi in the rain.

I can answer that one:

NOT VERY WELL.

Going from FL380 to southern Louisiana or Mississippi in the summer is a recipe for hardcore condensation, no matter what you try to do to fight it.

Too bad the CJ2+ doesn't have 'lectric heat...

I can answer that one:

NOT VERY WELL.

Going from FL380 to southern Louisiana or Mississippi in the summer is a recipe for hardcore condensation, no matter what you try to do to fight it.

Too bad the CJ2+ doesn't have 'lectric heat...

That is the way I remember it in the I, II, V and Ultra. I believe they are finally heating them on the CJ4.

BTW, How does that Citation Windshield heat work?

Since we're talking about the Excel, I can say it works very well. It's electric, heated by engine-driven alternators, and we leave it on all day. Never had any issues with it, and it stays toasty warm (and condensation-free).

Since we're talking about the Excel, I can say it works very well. It's electric, heated by engine-driven alternators, and we leave it on all day. Never had any issues with it, and it stays toasty warm (and condensation-free).

I knew that. VII does too. He does not fly the Excel though and we are just bustin' each others chops and having some fun. I have flown Cessna's and would happy to fly them again. He has a Raytheon bur under his saddle for some reason though.

Its nothing personal... Raytheon is simply as stable as a fat girl in a canoe... I grew up in Wichita and they did some really shadey things to a lot of good people.

I like ya 400A cause you too have flown the Starship!

Its nothing personal... Raytheon is simply as stable as a fat girl in a canoe... I grew up in Wichita and they did some really shadey things to a lot of good people.

I like ya 400A cause you too have flown the Starship!

Yep, about 400 hours in it.

I know what you mean. I was an employee for 6.5 years. Thats I why I left.

Still love the products tough. Many friends still work there so I have to support them.

NGT, you said boots are for Turbo Props. What 560XL were you flying with boots (or do you mean the ones on the horizontal stab)?

Yes, the ones I use to rotate and flare. When your based in the same city NASA uses for ice research they do not give you great confidence.

And I fly the 45 enough to remind them to send the check but not enough for them to realize I have no idea what I'm doing! ERAU & OU all the way!!!!

CL300 + CL300 does not equal CL605. Is this more Flashes Math 101!(Make sure the raft has paddles and HoHo's!!)[/quote]

NGT,Heads up. Stay far away the YNG area on Tuesday. Going to be getting my 3 takeoffs/landings in the CL300. Full supply of Twinkies/Ho Ho's already on board.

Latest resources

Back