Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brett Hull

Pastafarian
Anyone had one of the springs that hold the top half of the door open fail in flight? We've had a few fail as we were opening the door (makes a very loud pop - sounds like a shotgun), or when it was already open, but we had one cut loose on climbout. Had to change my drawers! :eek:

1200 hours in LR-Jet's and that's a new one to me. The only door trouble I had was frayed door cables.

Always carry a spare set of shorts.:laugh:

Yes, we had it happen on climbout. Didn't know what it was until we got to MEM. Sounded like a Coke can exploding. I'm sure those springs will fail at some point in time, but alot of guys let the springs do the work to open the door, instead of easing the door open.

Yes, I have had it happen at 32300ft and scared the you know what out of me. Notice I remember the exact altitude that it happened. This happened about 3 to 4 years ago.

Both of us in the cockpit immediately reached for our maskes thinking we had a blow out. I remember that I didnt even move my head I just moved my eyeballs to look at the rate of climb on the cabin. Luckly it was not moving and we had a good cabin. I was not sure what happened until we got on the ground and the door just about hit me in the head.

Latest resources

Back