Lear 35 FO Cartersville, GA Phoenix Air Group

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Check 6

What kind of $$ and schedule are they offereing. If those were there, I would make myself within 30min of Cartersville...

Phoenix Air

The pay is around regional FO equivalent. They fly alot of air ambulance, some charter and a fair amount of military support.

bailout said:
i think they are 7 on, 7 off. I know they do alot of military contract stuff.

Military contract stuff, yes. Schedule is "as needed, where needed".

A great company to work for, you will get to do things, go places, a lot of civilian pilots don't get to do.

ak

As AngelKing eluded to, there is absolutely no set schedule. You will work according to the length of particular contracts or missions you get assigned; sometimes a day or two, and some last several weeks, it varies. The bottom line is there is no way to predict or have a "typical" schedule there. There are some civilian contracts that facilitate a set rotation but while I was there only a few pilots were scheduled that way.

When I was there, about 90% of my flying was military and government contract work. Again like AngelKing said, there is really no other place (particular on the civilian side) to do that kind of flying and visit so many places so randomly and frequently. It was extremely unique and I enjoyed it. There was very little air ambulance/med-evac then (maybe one a month or so for the company). In three years I never did one, but I do hear that that segment has been refocused lately.

The pay seems to be misunderstood, you are paid directly by flight hour (with other incentives like wait days, travel days, etc). There is a minimum which is definitely MINIMUM pay but it is a set dollar amount based on position and not a block set of hours. There were times, between contracts that I only got minimums, and it sucked. But when you fly, you will easily exceed that. To use RIOtopilot's terms, I easily made above regional captain pay; the minimums were close to regional FO pay.

Ultimately, the bottom line is you are going to be GONE A LOT with this job if you want to make money. If you do not want to be gone around the globe for weeks at a time, then I would advise against it. I've stated it in other Phoenix threads, it was the most flying fun I have ever had and a great group of pilots to work with (management and admin. can be a different story as with most operators).

FlyingMoose said:
As AngelKing eluded to, there is absolutely no set schedule. You will work according to the length of particular contracts or missions you get assigned; sometimes a day or two, and some last several weeks, it varies. The bottom line is there is no way to predict or have a "typical" schedule there. There are some civilian contracts that facilitate a set rotation but while I was there only a few pilots were scheduled that way.

When I was there, about 90% of my flying was military and government contract work. Again like AngelKing said, there is really no other place (particular on the civilian side) to do that kind of flying and visit so many places so randomly and frequently. It was extremely unique and I enjoyed it. There was very little air ambulance/med-evac then (maybe one a month or so for the company). In three years I never did one, but I do hear that that segment has been refocused lately.

The pay seems to be misunderstood, you are paid directly by flight hour (with other incentives like wait days, travel days, etc). There is a minimum which is definitely MINIMUM pay but it is a set dollar amount based on position and not a block set of hours. There were times, between contracts that I only got minimums, and it sucked. But when you fly, you will easily exceed that. To use RIOtopilot's terms, I easily made above regional captain pay; the minimums were close to regional FO pay.

Ultimately, the bottom line is you are going to be GONE A LOT with this job if you want to make money. If you do not want to be gone around the globe for weeks at a time, then I would advise against it. I've stated it in other Phoenix threads, it was the most flying fun I have ever had and a great group of pilots to work with (management and admin. can be a different story as with most operators).

I second all that nonsense.

Tailwinds...

How does the move from Phoenix Air to Phoenix Force go? Are the flights one in the same or is Air more towards the charter side of things?

Latest resources

Back