Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UGAflyer

Glory Glory to ol Georgia
What could I expect for entry level part 91 Lear 25 SIC pay in the southeast...Atlanta area specifically? I would expect to fly around 300-400 hours per year. I don't know if they would pay for my type or just SIC training, or if they will want to pay for anything. It is not a sure thing but I wanted to have an idea because it looks like a possibility and want to be as informed as I can before and if it comes up. This would be my first flying job other than instructing so any advice would really be appreciated from the more experienced. I'm low time so I don't really see that I have a whole lot of leverage as far as negotiating. Thanks for your input.

i am thinking if you get any more than 30-35 then you should be a happy man. what number were you thinking of? good luck.:)

Last edited:
semperfido said:
i am thinking if you get any more than 30-35 then you should be a happy man. what number were you thinking of? good luck.:)

That's the range I was thinking. I think I would be very fortunate to get to fly a jet with a little over 1000 hours and right out of college. I hope it works out. Thanks for your response.

I started at a company in Macon. I hear they're slowly dying, and it's a shame, because it was a fun place to work with some good people there. Anyway, starting pay was $18,000 a year base salary, $20,000 a year if you had your ATP. Plus they paid 'mileage', something I'd never seen before. You started at .02 a mile, and went to .04 after a year. Depending on how much you flew, that check was somewhere around $200 to $400 a month at .02, double that for .04. So you started making a bit over $20K. Not bad for a first real job.....better than being a CRJ FO at the time. And the job was a helluva lot more fun. :)

oh yeah....duuuhh...forgot to mention, same equipment. Primarily LR-25, but also a 35 and 55 after you'd been there a little while.

what do u think average 60 sic pay is?

Low end Lear 60 charter operators in SoCal pay 35k a year to start.

Latest resources

Back