• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC VS LEGACY, WSJ article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like it or not, but the people who really "enjoy flying" WN are happy when nothing was repo'd last week, cousin Jed got probation, and the pit bull ordinance failed.

Really??? Well on the 40+ daily DAL-HOU flights there are quite a bit of suits on those flights...and they keep coming back....just like on any other city pairs...

Cousin Jed's money spends just al well anywhere....don't you think that Delta/AA/UAL/NWA/JB/U would like to have cousin Jed's money? Do they actually not want it? Or do those carriers just not even allow cousin Jed on the airplane?

Tejas

Really??? Well on the 40+ daily DAL-HOU flights there are quite a bit of suits on those flights...and they keep coming back....just like on any other city pairs...

Cousin Jed's money spends just al well anywhere....don't you think that Delta/AA/UAL/NWA/JB/U would like to have cousin Jed's money? Do they actually not want it? Or do those carriers just not even allow cousin Jed on the airplane?

Tejas

Sure they want the money, but this isn't their target market. That's the difference, this is the LCC target market.

Last edited:
I don't know about the rest of the legacies, but I looked up United. Looks like total liabilities of 26 Billion on the 10-Q. I hope I am not reading it wrong, but why are the analysts not talking about the debt situation at their conference.

I don't know about the rest of the legacies, but I looked up United. Looks like total liabilities of 26 Billion on the 10-Q. I hope I am not reading it wrong, but why are the analysts not talking about the debt situation at their conference.
That's long term debt; they are producing a profit while making the payments.

Jetflier, this article is very much correct, a lot of pilots have failed to listen to what the customer is saying. I've seen customers willing to pay $100-$300 more to aviod the new yield management strategies by the the LCC's, specifically SWA.

Yep...people have been avoiding SWA for about 30 something years now...
Nah, not 30 years, just the last few months.

If we told a mortgage lender not to worry about that large debt because we are making the payments, they would laugh at us.
Actually that's a little different, corporate debt is part of business. Take GM for example, their long term debt is over $300 billion; Ford, $261 billion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back