LAX-MEM commute for FDX folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ih8AFYesmen

How is the commute, both online and offline, for FDX pilots to/from LAX-MEM?
How long to hold LAX for newhires?
Thanks in advance.

Aloha,

FX is an easy West Coast commute LAX-MEM. Most FedEx pilots commute on-line since they can reserve a seat, park and walk to the aircraft, and avoid the hassel the TSA brings to a passenger terminal.

You can q/a offline on passrider.com, but I think NWA is the only direct flight. Otherwise it is as you would expect with AA via DFW, UA via DEN, etc.

I was hired in Sep 05 and train for the LA base in Jul 07, so I'll be based there in just over two years. From what folks tell me the "low pilot" seniority at the LA base ebbs and flows from relatively junior to senior. Unfortunately, the age 65 issue and the potential slowing of hiring would obviously slow seat progression.

To finish your original question, on-line FX is a fantastically easy commute. It is no-fuss, no stress, and far easier than my Socal to SEA commute was with Alaska, and that was an on-line, one leg commute (very easy by industry standards).

Hope that helps, SD

You can reserve a jumpseat as a crewmember 14 days in advance with FX. No website available to offline jumpers.

Latest resources

Back