• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latinachick's and Boomturd's program!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I talked some Custom Air guys a couple of years ago it sounded like a hell-hole. Late paychecks, no bid lines, sometimes 25-day months. They probably can't get real crews to work there so they let anyone pay for a job.

It's funny on the first link you click, one of the first things you read is "build 727 experience WHILE ON THE PAYROLL". That is blatantly false!!! The only people who make it on the payroll are the a** kissers, brown nosers, the "yes sir no sir may I have another sir" kinda guys all willing to work their lives away hardly ever being home. I am talking 25 days to a month on the road, then getting the honor of 5 days off. The rest of the guys who don't exceed the 18 on 12 off schedule remain as perpetual contractors with seniority and pay frozen. There are plenty of 2nd year FO's making the whopping 37.50 an hour who will remain there for the duration of their time at CAT because they won't ever be put on the payroll. They are considered the contractors. If you work an 18 on 12 off schedule you will be paid approximately 65 hours for the month, that is 2400 a month or 29,000 a year.

Who here doesn't think that is an insult for a second year FO on a 727? Oh yeah, the contractors get no medical benefits either. Makes no difference though, because those of us on the payroll have to pay about 600 a month for a family plan and 200 for a single guy...nice huh? If you are really really desperate for an airline job, or at an age where you can't spend a whole lot of time trying to build total and ME time, then try the program. But if you are younger than 28 or so i would not recomend this program.

As an after thought i was looking at Captains pay. 85 an hour at a 60 hour gaurantee is 5100 a month minus the 7000 per year for family medical benefits and 15000 in taxes and you have a 727 capt. taking home 39000 a year. Pay your mortgage, car, taxes, electric, cable, internet, wife and childcare and what do you have left? This is a disgrace and a shame. anyone disagree?

unbelievable, I just saw on the website that pay is now 30 an hour. It used to be 45 to start. So now I guess all these new guys will be stuck at 30 an hour for their duration at CAT, except for the a** kissers like I said before. But it will take nearly a year and a half for these guys to reach 500 FE and 500 FO time working an 18-12 scedule, but there are a lot of whores who will stay out as long as they are kept out without making a peep...pathetic. And keep in mind, UPS WILL be taking over this flying and who knows what is to come next. I say a lack of work for a lot of the contractors. So what I'd like to know is this...when we lose the UPS flying and there is not enough work for evrybody, what happens to all these guys that paid 33 grand who only got a portion of their time?? Anyone?? Think wisely people before doing the program.

latinachick said:
freightnazi why so angry? cheer up the world isnt going to end!

I agree that FN has issues, however, what a steaming pile of dung. WOW, are we starting a new generation of dirty old jet syndrom? I really thought that PFT was gone in the 90's. I was wrong.

Latest resources

Back