• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest rumors about Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the part about SkyWest and rev pax? I missed something.

My first reaction was to tell them to go fly one of their spare/extra Barbie Jets as a corporate shuttle, but I'm not sure if I got the entire story.

skywest crew members are whinning about occupying a cabin seat when deadheading rather than the jumpseat; when most of us midwest pilots and F/A's will voluntarily give up our seat for a revenue pax.

My first impression was that this is another issue of the growing entitlement mentality. But I'm just want to clarify something.

SkyWest really "deadheads" their crews on Midwest? Not just commuters? Well, I'd say that is SkyWest problem to get their crews to the right places for the flights or have a very good reserve program in place. SkyWest is the hired help. Take off or don't get paid. Seems like it's Midwest's business to get people to pay and sit in those seats (or move YX crews around).

Do they help with the belts? Every Midwest employee always helped us out, and I always returned to favor. I do miss it.

My first impression was that this is another issue of the growing entitlement mentality. But I'm just want to clarify something.

SkyWest really "deadheads" their crews on Midwest? Not just commuters? Well, I'd say that is SkyWest problem to get their crews to the right places for the flights or have a very good reserve program in place. SkyWest is the hired help. Take off or don't get paid. Seems like it's Midwest's business to get people to pay and sit in those seats (or move YX crews around).

Do they help with the belts? Every Midwest employee always helped us out, and I always returned to favor. I do miss it.

Excellent point, thanks for making my point, yes, they dead head their crews on us, even when they were commuting they were issued dead head passes and they kicked revenue passengers and our own commuting guys.

Do they help with seat belt? are you kidding me, the only guys who help us clean are our own, Skyway and Jetblue guys.

Excellent point, thanks for making my point, yes, they dead head their crews on us, even when they were commuting they were issued dead head passes and they kicked revenue passengers and our own commuting guys.

Do they help with seat belt? are you kidding me, the only guys who help us clean are our own, Skyway and Jetblue guys.

don't forget about the air willy guys. the majority of them who jumpseat to phl and dca do help us cleanup and cross seatbealts which says alot about their character and we appreciate it!

Beautiful.:rolleyes:

How in the world do they get DH tickets for commuting? That would have made my life a lot easier, but I only worked for Skyway and not the Chosen One.

From what I hear, TH never helped on a SYX flight, either. Also, those JB folks that help are probably former Skyway-Exers. :cool:

Last edited:
ok, I am in a nasty mood today and I do apologize to everyone for whatever I said.

I just finished a 3 day with a guy who was accusing me of being unfair in trying to spread the word about passing the furlough assessment and getting the % only in our merger assessment, believe me it was not your ideal 3 day trip.

Peace.

don't forget about the air willy guys. the majority of them who jumpseat to phl and dca do help us cleanup and cross seatbealts which says alot about their character and we appreciate it!

I agree, sorry for forgetting the Airwilly guys, great bunch, I am happy we can provide j/s to their FA as well.

Latest resources

Back