Latest on UPS Pilot Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Big Beer Belly

This info is courtesy of the "administrator" at www.airlinepilotcentral.com who recently spoke with Phil Donahue (head of UPS pilot HR). Best wishes to all new hires ... sure nice to see fresh faces on the property!

BBB

>>
This week's April 18th class has pushed the UPS pilot roster to over 2,600 pilots. The most junior captain on the property today is number 1,633, a 747 captain based in Louisville and a July 1995 new-hire.

The next two class dates are May 16th ("at least" 11 pilots) and June 13th ("at least" 17). The classes are currently in the process of being filled.

The most recent pilot vacancy bid left some F/O slots open, so a good % will be going straight to that seat-- including the 767 international domicile.

There are currently 80 in the hiring pool. All successful interviewees go into the pool now. Candidates are ranked, and when filling classes UPS pulls pilots out based on their interview score. It's a competitive pool.

As of the April 18th class, 142 pilots have been hired since November. On track for 300 total hires in 2005, and an equal amount or greater in 2006 (my own prediction).

Internal UPS referrals are highly regarded, as everyone getting hired right now has one.
<<

THX BBB,

I don't plan to be one of the lucky 300 this year, but hope 2006 or beyond will be the year. Appreciate the update.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Sounds like good solid info. I am guessing that I will not be any class this year myself. Just treading water over here in the pool. For all those who go to the 767 international, enjoy it!!! I am doing it now and it is GREAT!!! Just wish I was doing it for UPS instead.

LittleLearboy: Just wondering why do you think you won't be in class this year? I am also a poolie and would like to think I'll get a class soon.

Thanks.

Likewise..... Why would'nt you got this year?

Latest resources

Back