• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on the old Zantop L188's@YIP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was there two days ago and there are several still there (10+ maybe). I heard that a company in Anchorage bought them. I have seen one sitting off to the side of the airport in ANC. The rumor is that they only have one set of good engines. They install them on an airplane and fly it to ANC. Then they take them off and truck them back to YIP and do the whole thing over again. This is why it is taking so long to get them to their new home.

Sean,
The Electra sitting off to the side in ANC was put on its tail during a loading mishap in Kotzebue which damaged the aft pressure bulkhead. It is now used for fire training.

Right now they have team of mech's parting out the one slated for scrap. The one with 4 engines has not run since last summer. I think the idea of flying them never got off the ground.

I heard a compny out in California bought all Zantops assets and is basically just trying to sell off those remaining Electras. I heard a couple where bought by some outfit in Mexico, a couple more where bought by another freight company but I forget where they're based out of, may have been in western Canada. This of coarse was just a rumor I heard at the FBO down there at YIP.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back