• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest and greatest at Delta...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would Delta merge the AA pilots as AA did with TWA and Reno ?

That's now illegal. Bond/McKaskil ammendment did away with that. Also most mergers go to arbitration, although some choose not to abide by it or just avoid it all together. And, I don't think DL and AMR could merge together as a whole, with pieces probably being the only viable scenario. DL already has a big NYC presence, and so does AA. Throw in ORD in betweeen DL's MSP and DTW bases, and LAX also being redundant, some of it doesn't seem to make sense. But, a couple of the bases may be looked at.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

My brother in law just finished AF flight training, and graduated first in his class. He ran to the C-17 because he knew he'd be flying, and not joining an unmanned aircraft group. The class immediately in front of him went 100% UAV. Since that time does not qualify you for logged flight time at a Major, or any where else for that matter, where else is the pool of pilots going to come from?????? Even the military is drying up.

e .

No UPT class has dropped 100% UAVs.

Don't knock it. The more flying they farm out the better. I am hoping to get on an MD 80

Somehow, I don't think they'll be sending any MDs to Gojets.

No UPT class has dropped 100% UAVs.

Even if you are correct, it doesn't replace the fact that the manned aircraft slots in the AF are narrowing. How many aircraft are being replaced by the MQ9, Global Hawk, Etc?????? Quite many. Pretty soon, it's going to be C-130's, C-17's, F-22's, F-35's, and UAV's......oh, and maybe some UC-21's. That way you can bust tail all the way through flight training to fly a Pilatus in pergatory.......

Even if you are correct, it doesn't replace the fact that the manned aircraft slots in the AF are narrowing. How many aircraft are being replaced by the MQ9, Global Hawk, Etc?????? Quite many. Pretty soon, it's going to be C-130's, C-17's, F-22's, F-35's, and UAV's......oh, and maybe some UC-21's. That way you can bust tail all the way through flight training to fly a Pilatus in pergatory.......

There are well over 10000 aircraft active in the four services of the US Armed Forces.

Not quite extinct...

Fv

From what I'm seeing at ASA- lots of people that were holding out for DAL are now applying to USAirways. I can see the pool getting shallower and shallower, from where I sit. I'd say a healthy 70% of the Captains at ASA are not going to move on, without the liquidation of their employer.

My brother in law just finished AF flight training, and graduated first in his class. He ran to the C-17 because he knew he'd be flying, and not joining an unmanned aircraft group. The class immediately in front of him went 100% UAV. Since that time does not qualify you for logged flight time at a Major, or any where else for that matter, where else is the pool of pilots going to come from?????? Even the military is drying up.

From what my contacts are saying- when DAL starts to hire, they intend to do so indefinately for a VERY lengthy amount of time. It's getting to the point that ASA (ExpressJet) and the DAL MEC is in talks with management to establish a pilot pipeline between the two companies- a sort of flow. This is strictly theory for now, but it is being discussed as an option.

Correct. The target date for the first class in mid fall, but that can move based upon projections. Hiring will not be crazy at first; 300ish a year, but the projection is for indefinite hiring. 7000 pilots gone in the next 13 years. Tops out at almost 900 retirements a year for three years in the early 20's.

AN acquisition will change all of this though.

Latest resources

Back