• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Late inbound pax policy question - NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it would be kinda hard for a gate agent to explain why they held the flight for one pax. Now if you had 15 that would be affected that is justifiable.

With the exception of it being the last flight of the night. I can see not holding a flight if there are other flights to catch, but the last flight of the night is different. All paying pax should be accounted for and waited on unless the delay would be excessive. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Yeah but we are talking NWA where the pax is somewhere between 3rd -15th concern

I've only seen NWA hold a flight for a certain number of passengers. One just doesn't cut it. And the gate agent really doesn't want to stick their neck out to hold on their own anymore. It has to come from above as someone said earlier.

I rarely see MEM hold for PAX, unless it is like 6 or more.

DTW, they tend to hold more often, they will look where the I/B is, they will look how late they will be and I have even have them go so far to see where they are seated and how full the next flights are. Now that is the exception and not the rule. Rule of thumb I have seen, is no longer than 10 minutes and it has to be more than 4 pax.

In MSP I find 50/50 with the gate agents, some are really good and some, well they just board the pax and pull the bridge 5 early.

I have called ahead to ask for them to hold a flight, that is hit or miss. I like the headset write-up, I think I will use that in the future.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back