Lastest Hedging Numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pan Am

Say what? You sound like an idiot. What is your experience again? Tell your dad to enforce the computer rules after 10pm. Now go pop some zits on your teenage face. You have NO clue what you are talking about---especially about our European routes being good in the long run? Those are our best performing routes. But you knew that.....IDIOT. You are a waste of time.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I happen to know that Ron Allen's purchase of Pan Am's Atlantic routes almost bankrupted your company-just reseach the mid-90s. Nothing stays the same for long. Europe will have economic troubles one day, and DAL better not over-extend itself over there.

I have experience in aviation for a lot longer than many here. I have seen things go well and not so well. Eastern used to be the place to be. Pan Am was all the rage. You have to really balance your strengths and weaknesses well to survive long in this business.

Southwest does a good job at what they do. They didn't screw up buying some intl. routes or handing executives "bankrupty-proof" pensions. That is exactly what DAL did to get into bankruptcy.

Just remember that there are millions of employees, former employees, and investors who got royally screwed in that process. Before you go and criticize what SWA has done, keep in mind that they have screwed none of those groups to the extent of the company you love so much. It seems foolish to call them losers from the perspective you find yourself in.

-Waste of time?
-9,400 posts that no one cares about seems a bit more like a waste of time to me!

-Git 'r done, hopscotch!

I happen to know that Ron Allen's purchase of Pan Am's Atlantic routes almost bankrupted your company-just reseach the mid-90s. Nothing stays the same for long. Europe will have economic troubles one day, and DAL better not over-extend itself over there.

I have experience in aviation for a lot longer than many here. I have seen things go well and not so well. Eastern used to be the place to be. Pan Am was all the rage. You have to really balance your strengths and weaknesses well to survive long in this business.

Southwest does a good job at what they do. They didn't screw up buying some intl. routes or handing executives "bankrupty-proof" pensions. That is exactly what DAL did to get into bankruptcy.

Just remember that there are millions of employees, former employees, and investors who got royally screwed in that process. Before you go and criticize what SWA has done, keep in mind that they have screwed none of those groups to the extent of the company you love so much. It seems foolish to call them losers from the perspective you find yourself in.

-Waste of time?
-9,400 posts that no one cares about seems a bit more like a waste of time to me!

-Git 'r done, hopscotch!

Do you remember when Mars attacked too??? Whatever.....A lot of the posts I have made are actually responses to idiots like you, yet I continue to do it...

Yes, Ron Allen paid too much for the Pan Am routes to Europe, but in the late 90s we were making $billions off of those same routes. We also didn't really have a hub system in NYC at the time to connect passengers to Europe, and we have that in place now. Why oh why are we adding Tel Aviv, Amman, Cairo, Dakar, Cape Town, Nairobi, Malaga, and Edinburough from JFK next Spring? I guess we are just throwing darts blind folded, right? You wish.

You said above that we bought some INTL routes and that that is what lead us into BK? What? Our last management bought $2 billion worth of stock in a buy back 2 weeks prior to 9-11. All of that went down the toilet in the aftermath, along with most airline stocks. Then the internet explosion happened with airline tickets, and that fed fuel to the fire. There are plenty of reasons why we went BK, and you really didn't mention any. Did the management pensions off shore really cause us to go BK? No, but it did make a lot of us mad. You consistantly miss the point, but that is alright, we already know that.

Southwest is good at what they do, and originally I asked a question about their profitability and the fuel hedges, which led to a firestorm. I think they do a good job management wise over there, and they do have good hedges. I just would not want to fly there for a few reasons I always state, which causes some of them to go off the deep end.

Anyway, you need to think more before you post Jmoney, and I will continue to increase my post numbers just to contradict you again, and again.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back