Last C-119-G to Hagerstown.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Donsa320

The last ferryable C-119, a G model, is scheduled to leave Greybull WY about Oct 4th for Hagerstown. An old friend of mine from Ashiya AB, Japan, Frank Lamm, will do the honors.

This is the airplane that was used in the remake of "Flight of the Phoenix" a few yeqars ago.

It will go to the museum and join the C-82 there among many other Fairchild products.

I have fond memories of the 119 having flown them all over Europe and the Far East and crossed both the Atlantic and the Pacific oceans Landed on the beach at low tide on an island in the Yellow Sea (K-53) for resupply, dropped troops on the banks of the Hahn River in Seoul, delivered steel and cement to Dyarbakir, Turkey for the Thor missile sites being built and it never let me down.

God speed, Frank,

DC

Hmmm. I've got a lot of hours with that airplane, and a lot of scars and healed cuts from working on it...that and the C-82.

Hmm, my reply got lost in cyberspace.

Did any of you guys fly the C-119 for the Silver Season in Alaska back in October 1986?

It is being flown by a freind of mine, another Navy Resreve pilot with a sense of adventure.

That is interesting. That was Gene's personal toy. Something must have happened for him to give it up to a museum. I am going to have to do a little digging to find out what is going on.

Latest resources

Back