LASP NPRM in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.tsa.gov/press/releases/2008/1009.shtm

"TSA is proposing to require large aircraft operators to adopt and carry out procedures to prevent passengers from carrying prohibited items onto the aircraft."

"TSA considers weapons to include items on its prohibited items list, which is posted on TSA’s website at www.tsa.gov"

Seriously, we need to all get on top of this before we no longer have jobs to worry about...

It does clearly state any accessible luggage must not include any items on the "prohibited list" from TSA's web site...

Also, see 1544.206 from TSA-2008-0021-0001 available here:

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocketDetail&d=TSA-2008-0021

As for cost, using TSA's own numbers (which are garbage by the way), our preliminary estimated YEARLY costs will be about $250,000 to comply and we are not a large flight department...

Also, check out NBAA, AOPA, EAA, anybody else you can think of... They are all saying the same thing I'm saying... I could not have dreamed this up in my worst nightmare.

I sent the TSA an email from our flight department re. LASP, and all I got back was a form letter. I really think Corporate aviation is in deep doo-doo with this new bill.

I read some random responses from the first 7 pages. I didn't find one positive reply.

I have invited John Cornyn and Kay Baily Hutchison to send staff members to the Houston meeting. They seemed receptive to the idea, even though it was last minute. Hopefully they'll see what we think of the program and relay the dissatisfaction back to the Senators.

Latest resources

Back