• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LASIK Surgery

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone recommend a good Doc in the Southern CA area? Also what has everyone been paying for their LASIK? I'm trying to get a feel for the difference between the "$500 per eye" you see on the billboards and the $2k per eye from others. Don't get me wrong, if I do this it will be with the best doc I can find.

thanks for all of the great info/advice. I talked to Dr. Boothe in Dallas already. He doesn't want pilots' business, and believe me he sure doesn't need it. His office is a zoo.

I am definitely getting it done. Just a matter of finding the right Dr. and getting the time off. Speaking of which, how long before you can go back to work?

Check out Ladarvision.com

The procedure now using CustomCornea, Wavefront technology (created by Alcon Pharmaceuticals in Fort Worth) is head and shoulders above the slice and dice doctors have been using the last ten years. They map your eye and identify the aberrations therein.

They're still risks, but it's got to be better than slicing your lens open and carving around risking over or under corrections.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back