• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lasik Eye Surgery

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've just made an appointment at Eye Doctors of Washington (www.edow.com). I've heard all great reviews of them and haven't heard a bad one yet. I have high order aberrations with astigmatism. As such I'm getting the full Wavefront laser but with PRK procedure not Lasik. Do any pilots have experience with this doctor and/or PRK procedures? I understand it takes a longer time to recover; I'm stacking up sick time as we speak and hope to be out no more than 3 weeks when I get it in September.

Just make sure you do not have Kerataconus. I would get more than TWO opinions just to make sure. If you do happen to have that and they start cutting on your eye you could have huge problems.

Just make sure you do not have Kerataconus. I would get more than TWO opinions just to make sure. If you do happen to have that and they start cutting on your eye you could have huge problems.

I've been getting regular eye exams annually since I was about 6 and have never had anything diagnosed other than my astigmatism. Still no one has had PRK?

Latest resources

Back