Lasik correction surgery ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fotyfobravo

Has anyone had LASIK to correct for the old eyeballs ? I am sick of hauling around glasses . The distant vision is still good / the reading ability and reading the switches on the panel require glasses.

Any experience out there? good or bad ? THANKS..........

We just had a discussion about this a week ago. May i recommend the search function?

fotyfobravo said:
Has anyone had LASIK to correct for the old eyeballs ? I am sick of hauling around glasses . The distant vision is still good / the reading ability and reading the switches on the panel require glasses.

Any experience out there? good or bad ? THANKS..........

I second the search feature.....LOTS of info out there. I've even posted my own experience many times.

I had a surgeon for a student and his friend performed lasik. He said, even though he did the surgeries, he wouldn't have it done to himself.
Basically he put it like this... if you can get by without it, then don't get it. If you just can't function without it, then get it. Not enough long-term study on the effects of scarring.

Just passing on info I received, since believe me, I would LOVE to throw away my contacts/glasses.

Latest resources

Back