• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

las rental info wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was in Vegas in January and rented a 172 from Boulder City just southeast of Las Vegas. I did a short one hour checkout and then headed off to the Canyon with my wife and some friends. You should be able to find the phone number on google. I think the company was Stars and Strips or something like that.

vgt, north town, lone mountain.. is a violation hot spot. Always listening to guys getting heat from ATC after busting B by altitude or late turn after takeoff.

I was in Vegas in January and rented a 172 from Boulder City just southeast of Las Vegas. I did a short one hour checkout and then headed off to the Canyon with my wife and some friends. You should be able to find the phone number on google. I think the company was Stars and Strips or something like that.

They let you take it to the Canyon? I have heard that most all FBO's in the area don't allow their rentals to be taken into the GC special use airspace...(?)

I would personally take the money that it would cost for checkout/rental and instead spend it on a helo flight with a GC landing from Sundance Helicopters. Worth every penny.

Perfectly legal to fly "to" the Grand Canyon airport, if you're a professional pilot, you should be able to take one of the big operators for free with a current ID. Scenic Airlines has always been good about this in the past.

I never heard any FBO's not allowing people to fly to the Canyon. It's pretty simple if you have a Canyon sectional. The only problem is 1G4 (Canyon West) which is the closest to Vegas I believe has started charging a landing fee. I guess they aren't making enough money on the $50 bus ride they charge to get to Guano Point. GCN is a bit of a long trip from Vegas in a 172. So it seems that taking Vision out of VGT or Scenic out of 61B (boulder city) is your best bet.

Latest resources

Back