Large Cabin Aircraft pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

heywatchthis

Wow I know things are tough, but a Large Cabin class Gulfstream Captain for $60K. Lets say you fly 200 days a year. So you make $100k to fly a large cabin class gulfstream internationally, and work 200 days a year plus training.

Poor FO. 36K and if you fly 200 days - NOT likely, then you get 66K a year for working 200 days. OMG, what if you only work 150 are you still on call.

Oh yea, already be current too.

Title: GII Capt & F/O
Company: Sky Limo Air CharterProduct/Service: Location: FlRequired Travel: NoneJob Type: Full-timeEmployment Type: Permanent
Description: Require on full time Captain & FO for a GII to be based in South Fl. Plane will be flying full time charter/owner trips.
Requirements: Part 135 Current in the GII with recent training
Company Benefits: Capt $60.000/year Plus $200/day for every day you fly. F/O 36.000/year Plus $150/day for every day you fly.
Contact Information: N/ASky Limo Air Charter

I was hoping the Large aircraft would not be effected as much. You see small and medium aircraft's pay drop, but I thought the Large Cabin aircraft were safe.

Has the industry changed for good?

GII Pay

Second clue, South Florida.

TransMach

Another stellar South Florida operator. Miami native, love the area, but I'll stay in AZ for now.

just on the topic folks...

what's ballpark $$$ for someone starting out on a large cabin corporate jet without time on type or type rating? eg. Global express, GIV/V, Falcon??

while we're on it. what experience would a person have to have to be competitive for such a job. (I'm a ways away but one day flying one of the above mention aircraft would be great!)

Thanks all!

V

The way the economy is going and falling salaries. I would say you would have to pay the owner of the plane to get time in it. The glory days are in the rear view mirror. Better yet, you can go buy a GII under a million and get all the time you want.

There is no way anyone in S. FL is flying a GII 200 days a year.
Sky Limo has been a light twin operator forever so they do not have a big client list to go off of.
The S. FL 135 company I was flying for in the G-1159 series was paying PIC 50k Salary, $60 per block hour. per-diem 60 domest, Intl 100 a day. But I made more as a Lear PIC when my salary was 10k Less all the rest being the same. In the Gulfstreams I would have a huge trip to Africa or Eastern Europe, but in three weeks I would only fly a few hours, and would spend just as much time flying, as I did on the airliners. I the Lear I was up and back to Teter-hole 2, 3 times a week.

Latest resources

Back