Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sundowner

A couple of questions please:

1. I believe 41,000 lbs defines "large" for wake turbulence. Is that same criterion used for all references to large aircraft, specifically the type rating requirements in Part 61.31? If not, what would be considered large for type rating?

2. What is a good source for determining if a particular aircraft is certificated for single-pilot operations? Is there a quick-reference source where I could quickly look up numerous aircraft, or one that would give me a listing of aircraft that can be operated single pilot (e.g. in the business jet/t-prop range).

Thanks for your help!

A type rating is required if:
The MGTOW is 12,500lbs or more
The aircraft is turbojet powered.

I don't know if there is a single source that lists all of the single pilot approved a/c, but I'll try to list those that I know of:
CE500/525
BE-300/350/1900

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I can come up with, and probably the most popular. Also, single pilot authorization must be granted on the type rating of the individual pilot. Ie, if you want to fly your Citation by yourself, your license must authorize single pilot ops.

Sabreliner is correct.

In addition to the aircraft he mentioned, I understand that the Metroliner and the DC-3 may be flown with single pilot (with the proper type rating)

The only source I know of for this informatin is on the Type Certificate Data Sheet for the individual aircraft. These are available in pdf format on the FAA's website. They will have a section titles minimum crew.

regards

Latest resources

Back