• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Laptops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you kidding? The industry is in a mess and somebody wants to rationalize a major screw up? When times are good...you may have a shot, but most likely not even then.

Like the commercial says..."have you no shame?"

We use one EFB for charts and one to overlay XM weather. I don't see a problem with using 2 EFB's.

OK. I meant 2 loose efb's sitting on laps or on the tables of an Airbus type situation....the point was that SOMEONE should be watching whats going on, not both pilots doing other things.

I suppose some have 2 efbs mounted somewhere in the cockpit.

our efb's were factory installed on the yoke's(G4sp)

If they would have admited they fell asleep we would be talking about rest rules. Governors and Senators would have the fatigue issue as there new crusade. This is simply another example of governernment stepping over themselves to be the first to "save the world."

I agree with whoever said penalize the crew for this mistake, whatever it acutally was, not an entire industry. Most of us are adults here and we know what it takes to do the job. Stop over-regulating and start holding individuals responsible for their performance.

now they are saying they had no radio contact for 3 hours WTF, something aint right !

Does SELCAL work over the CONUS? I would assume it would. Couldn't you get their attention by pinging that over and over?

Hi!

Laptops in the cockpit? I don't care, as long as they do their jobs. Music, laptop, reading, etc. As long as you fly the airplane safely.

If you think laptops should be banned because they might cause a distraction:

Then, we should ban Warning Lights...because that '70s crew in FL was concentrating on the Gear Warning Light not illuminating, and flew into the ground and killed everyone.

Then, we should ban talking in the cockpit...sterile cockpit from pushback to block in, because I know a crew that flew for 2 1/2 hours+, across the center of the country, without talking to ATC, because they were having an intense disagreement about religion.

Then, we should ban young children from riding in motor vehicles, as the number one distraction that causes accidents is young children in the vehicle.

cliff
NBO

Hi!

Laptops in the cockpit? I don't care, as long as they do their jobs. Music, laptop, reading, etc. As long as you fly the airplane safely.

If you think laptops should be banned because they might cause a distraction:

Then, we should ban Warning Lights...because that '70s crew in FL was concentrating on the Gear Warning Light not illuminating, and flew into the ground and killed everyone.

Then, we should ban talking in the cockpit...sterile cockpit from pushback to block in, because I know a crew that flew for 2 1/2 hours+, across the center of the country, without talking to ATC, because they were having an intense disagreement about religion.

Then, we should ban young children from riding in motor vehicles, as the number one distraction that causes accidents is young children in the vehicle.

cliff
NBO

Just to pick nits, it was Eastern 401 - there were 75 survivors of the accident.

Nonetheless, you are correct. More knee jerk stupidity from the clueless clowns we send to represent us.

Latest resources

Back