• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

landing separation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is not totally correct, for arrivals, one aircraft at a time on the runway. The preceding aircraft has to be clear of the runway. The 3000 ft, 4500 ft, and 6000 ft rule is for launching departures only at a VFR tower. It has nothing to do with landing traffic.

I disagree, i have at least two planes on my runway at a time daily. Use the rules above, if a cessna is 3000ft down the runway and another single crosses the threshold, its legal, if its a twin behind the single, i need 4500. If there is a jet involved he has to be clear. Jets and Small +'s.

I disagree, i have at least two planes on my runway at a time daily. Use the rules above, if a cessna is 3000ft down the runway and another single crosses the threshold, its legal, if its a twin behind the single, i need 4500. If there is a jet involved he has to be clear. Jets and Small +'s.

well then, i knew i should have stayed awake for this part of the 7110.65 review in OKC! i could never understand why i had to get tower training in OKC when i was hired at a TRACON. i guess i'll just go back to sleep now...

oops.

I hear you, if your in the TRACON i don't know all your rules either. We are allowed to have two landing on the runway, it looks ugly but its legal. What TRACON do you work at ATCLOSER???

MK

So can you define "clear" for me? I was in a jet and cleared to land by tower. Tower then cleared a C172 for an immediate departure while I was on a 1.5 mile final. The Cessna didnt exactly hustle off the runway but was airborne when we would have touched down. I saw that we would have rolled out under the Cessna so we went around. Was the Cessna "clear" just because he was off the runway?

Did tower call for the go around or did you. That cessna would have had to be at least 6000ft a head of you and off the surface. If the controller was going to let that one slip by then that is a loss of seperation. What airport??

We went around on our own as soon as we realized we were going to roll out under them if we landed. I'm not going to get in to specifics as to when and where, but it was a number of weeks ago and I havent heard a word from the tower or the feds about it. I did file a nasa report though.

Latest resources

Back