Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typhoon1244 said:
Better yet, try the Al Bundy thing: "Waitress! Waitress!" :D
Call 'em Coke servers. They love that one.

How about that wav file that was floating around last year?
I think it went something like this: ".....folks, I'm packin' a Sig-Sauer .357 caliber semi-automatic with a 12 round magazine. The first officer has an AR-15 with a 30 rd clip as well as a Desert Eagle .50 caliber semi-auto..............":D

I said this elsewhere, but it bears repeating:

One of my PA pet-peeves is pilots who insist on talking to passengers about APU's, minimums, ILS's, clearance delivery, "holding at CAPTI," etc, etc. Remember, you're talking to people who think an "aileron" is some kind of French yogurt.

K.I.S.S.

172driver said:
How about, "We appreciate your patience." Do they really have any choice? They're trapped in a metal tube with no way out and are probably not feeling very patient anyway.
I was thinking the same thing last Sunday when we were stuck on the ground in EWR because of CO's computer glitches.

I wasn't feeling very patient...

Typhoon1244 said:
Better yet, try the Al Bundy thing: "Waitress! Waitress!" :D
I once asked a CO FA to explain why the button that calls them over to the seat shows a pic of a person holding a tray. Looks like waitress to me... ;)

NoName said:
for the same reason we call f/a's, f/a's and not stewardesses. flight deck sounds better anyways, and no one but apparantly you cares. since its so boring why dont we just stop thanking people for flying too :(

Because thanking a customer is good ettiquette, while calling the cockpit a "flight deck" reeks of psuedo-self-importance.

CatYaaak said:
Because thanking a customer is good ettiquette, while calling the cockpit a "flight deck" reeks of psuedo-self-importance.

If the company that pays your paycheck (and the airplane flight manual) wants you to call it the "flight deck" then you call it the flight deck.
The psuedo-self importance comes from the pilot who thinks that their way is right and everyone who doesn't do it their way is wrong.

Resume Writer said:
There is a reason for this statement. We are required to check that our doors have been disarmed so there is no slide deployment.

I'm aware of that. Forgive me for reliving the past but at TWA it was an FA announcement. When AA procedures were instituted it became an FO announcement made during the critical time of pulling into the gate. Dumb.

Dude

What about anouncements that begin with the word.. "AND"

"AND ladies and gentlemen this is...."
"AND from the flight deck........"
"AND Indy Center, Twin Cessna XXXX......."

That just drives me nuts :rolleyes:

SuperFLUF said:
If the company that pays your paycheck (and the airplane flight manual) wants you to call it the "flight deck" then you call it the flight deck.
The psuedo-self importance comes from the pilot who thinks that their way is right and everyone who doesn't do it their way is wrong.

Let me guess, you tell the pax to "just sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight" too?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back