• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lakes Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uhhh... no you shouldn't be recieving multiple failures at the same time... only case where an applicant should see this is if the pilot applicant screws up and causes a second or third failure. That is both out of the PTS and our POI's mouth. If Lakes was operating in that fashion I would imagine that there are a lot of people who have the right to get that pink slip removed from their record. Furthermore.... that would be cause for losing their DE status because they were operating outside of the testing standards set by the FAA.

I'm amazed how many people on here aren't familiar with how Lakes used to operate.

I can attest to upgrade training at Lakes being tough. I went through upgrade there in spring of 2009. You do 3 days of ground school ( with recurrent guys), then 5 days of he!! in the obomination they call a sim. If you're lucky enough you do 80% of your type ride in the sim. If not off to the aircraft for more training and the check ride. All this is flying is done between 2200-0500.

You are taught nothing during upgrade, in fact in the letter regarding training it clearly states that Lakes will not teach you anything in upgrade. Everything you need to know was taught during initial or you learned it on the line.

Your final test to see if you take the 80% ride in the sim is the flight from he!! I did a SE NDB, partial panel, with a manual gear extension. The winds were a terrible cross wind into CYS. More things change the more they stay the same.

If you read what he wrote then you'll see that that's exactly what happened to Lakes, they lost their DE status for awhile. Their upgrade program is no longer like that but that was back in the day it was and that was just part of the process.

Touche.... I guess I just read it wrong... or something...

Latest resources

Back