Lack of a good job dilemna

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

getonit

Was recently laid off and have found a job flying C-206 over cold water in VFR, been there done that. This is a seasonal position only. How important do you think it is staying in a flying job even if it is not a real good skill builder? I can fly my own airplane around and stay current. As you can tell I really don't want to do it.

Keep flying for pay

Count your blessings. It is always a plus to be flying for pay in hard times. Don't forget about those app questions that ask about paid flying during the last six months. You can answer "yes" while others might have to answer "no." Believe me, there are plenty of pilots who'd step into your shoes instead of what they may be doing, or not doing, to survive.

Consider the flying job with pay. The key is to maintain currency with pay doing something with flying!

However if you would absolutely hate that C206 job, then maybe its not for you. Depends on how badly you want to stay competitive in this industry as a pilot.

can you give me the address and/or website to this job? i'll take it in a heartbeat...

thanks!

Bobby is right.

Recency of experience is a big deal at many carriers. This way, you will have more to show than a bunch of personal flights.

How can anyone get bored flying a C-206. Next time you take-off try 20 degee flaps and suck to stick back to your gut. Use a lot of right rudder when she comes off the ground ease the back-pressure on the stick, note how long your takeoff roll was. Go up and fly it around a zero indicated airspeed for a while, that is fun. Next land it in 300 feet, I used to do that on a regular basis in Alaska, with a load.

Over cold water without a survival suit, not a good idea. I know a lot of people that have been there done that and arn't here to tell about it.

Latest resources

Back