Labquest (Quest Diagnostic) Questions - Phenom, PC12s, TB7 Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Whenever I fly around the MidAtlantic and upper Midwest at night I hear these Labquest pilots - some flying Phenom 100s and others flying PC12s, B58s and TBM-700s.

My neighbor has a flight instructor son with roughly 2000 hours (UND!!!) who wants to relocate back to the East Coast. Anyone know much about Quest Diagnostics and it's flight operation? I know they fly medical samples, blood tests, etc. to various lab locations throughout the US and I think I read they have pilot bases in Pennsylvania (Reading?) and the Atlanta area. Flying is primarily back of the clock....

Anyone have more information? Typical questions:
- How many airplanes and types?
- Where are pilots based?
- What bases are junior?
- What aircraft do you typically start on and what is the typical progression (B58 FO to TBM-700 Capt, etc.)?
- What is starting salary for newhires?
- Typical schedule?
- How long before you get to fly the Phenom?
- Good place to be?

I asked some questions about them a few years back but wanted some updated info for my neighbor. PMs also welcome...

Last edited:
I believe he said he wants to move back east! Quest won't touch him without an ATP and and significant experience in any of the aircraft, or a type for the phenom. They did hire street captains into the phenoms plus internals. Starting off would be Barons and TBM, Pilatus is the next step then Phenom. There is no seniority, well some....but you get my drift.
The good: Solid medical company, not air ambulance! Fair pay, 6% match, 15% discount stock, scheduled routes(until 135 I guess) good vacation, very low attrition...people tend to stay there but then again the hiring is coming back, so we shall see.
If you are not comfortable in hard IMC, look elsewhere.

Latest resources

Back