Labquest flying Eclipse Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I noticed that Labquest/Quest Diagnostics (flies lab specimens and blood tests to testing centers) is adding (or has added) Eclipse jets. It also operates Barons, TBM 700s and some PC12s I believe.

So, does anyone know how many Eclipses will be added? Are the Eclipses operated single pilot? Are they hiring onto airplanes other than the Barons and TBMs? Good place to work/QOL? Would they hire onto the Eclipses? Just curious.

Any info would be great. PMs are welcome.

Last edited:
I use to work for them and still talk to friends there. Form what I understand they have 1 Eclipse on a test basis to see if it would work for them. I'm not sure but I do believe they have others on order if it does work out. If not, I guess they could sell their delivery slots. Last I heard, they start off at $60k and your home every night (actually every day due to the night flying).
I enjoyed flying there back in the day of all the C-310 fleet.
There corporate side has a 2000 Hawker 800XP and a 2000 Falcon 2000EX. They may or may not have the B300 anymore. I think they hire within for the corporate fleet.
Bases are RDG (Reading, Pa) and Laranceville (SP), Ga.

I interviewed and flew a night with them so they could assess my skills and I had been flying C310's and BE-58's for Airnet so I had my game together pretty good. Their planes are nice. I was used to old beat up ratty barons and what we flew that one night was Tom Cruise's Multi-engine trainer, leather, the whole bit. I ended up not taking the position because they froze hiring until the quarter results came out and I went to ExpressJet. Quality people there, and it's true, they start you at 60-65k. It takes awhile to get topped out and I think it's about 90k. There are other shared duties that are involved such as being a flight follower now and then which is pretty cool anyway. The schedules are cake compared to Airnet. One run was starting at 5pm and ending about 10pm. They are not all like that but it's nice to have that every now and again. One other thing. I was based in BHM when I was called for the interview and I had to find my own transportation. I elected to drive to ATL to get jumpseat on an Airtran flight to PHL and rent a car. Bad decision on my part. I ended up hitting rush hour traffic and missing my flight. I called and told the chief pilot what happend and he rescheduled me and I made it to that one. That was the biggest bone headed thing I've done ever. Don't be cheap if you really want the job. I think now that maybe that counted against me and maybe that's why I didn't get hired. In any case, good luck! It's a great company.

Does anyone have an address for them?

I flew the C310 for them for 4 years prior to moving on to the airlines in the late 90s. Good people, great company and extremely challenging flying.

SmithKline Beecham Aviation
119B Museum Road
Reading, Pennsylvania 19605

Back in the day we were owned and operated by SmithKline Beecham but I believe the address is still good.

Remember that just because the apple is shiny on the outside doesn't mean it isn't rotten to the core.

Latest resources

Back