Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HalinTexas

昇る太陽の土&#
OK the article is about NW/DL, but read down a few paragraphs and it mentions that Southwest is considering a merger with US Airways.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...=1&cset=tru e

I know, I know, it's the LA Times. The worst business reporting of any newspaper in the world. But hey, it's all about rumors, right? :nuts:

No way that Gary Kelly is that stupid. Unless he's just looking to buy the West. Anyone that considers buying the East has a learning disability.

Would be a pretty harsh/expensive way to get international. But they need to do it somehow. Buy the West and sell the East to UAL.

Well, it didn't require me to login, but.....

Analysts believe the next possible combination could involve United Airlines owner UAL Corp., the nation's fourth largest, and No. 6 Continental Airlines Inc. Southwest Airlines Co. reportedly is considering a merger with US Airways Group Inc., leaving only AMR Corp.'s American Airlines without a major merger partner.

Would be a pretty harsh/expensive way to get international. But they need to do it somehow. Buy the West and sell the East to UAL.

UAL doesn't have the money, and they were rejected in 2000 (or 2001) by the DOJ the first time that happened.

My Dear Lord! Please, someone find a way from letting the poolies see this. There could be a mass suicide if they came across this.

Latest resources

Back