• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$kywest Set To Soar Higher

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do find it interesting that employee costs as a percentage of total revenue is HIGHER at Skywest (a non-union company) than at say, Mesa, a union company.

Unions may serve a purpose. But not at Mesa, where it all it has to offer is "well, things could be worse" (and yes, they are right and yes it would be worse without ALPA -- - at MESA)

I'd think long and hard before I voted for a union at a good company like Skywest. Especially ALPA, which after 10 years, I have yet to see a decent return for over 10k in dues.

Oh . . . as for the article. The revenue generation model at Skywest is so radically different now as opposed to 20 years ago I would also think long and hard about investing in it as a stock.

The days of making tons of $$$ in the regional markets are on hiatus, at least until the regionals can start selling tickets again and start generating their own revenue as true "code-share" PARTNERS, as opposed to "lift-for-rent" commodities.

I don't think he made it through Macroeconomics 101.....

alright...skywest should vote in alpa.

Uncle Rico (bh) says no, but I say yes>

Soaring high while bending over the pilots. Lets pay 57 PIC's cancellation pay and not anyone more for the rest of the year. They should soar real high while inflation keeps going up for everyone else at the company. While stiffing the rest of the pilots on cancellation pay. Please guys, whether your company or not, lets cut the bowl ********************e favors. No picking up trips for the poor company. They can't even make good on at least a 6 year cancellation pay history. NO MORE FAVORS.

Sapa and the dave's (souless management cronies) need to get in the ring with Alpa and the oc. Yes Alpa would dominate them even if uncle rico jumps in with his Van and footballs.

Yes we know Alpa sucks in a lot of ways but sapa will always suck more and more and more.

Uncle Rico has a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet mustache.

Last edited:
Allow me to add another post to an already dying thread.

Latest resources

Back