Kudos to SWA for helping me out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wesb737fo

Last Friday night I commuted on Delta. Keep in mind I haven't had to commute for 12 years. I had to ride the jump seat and there was no place for my bag. I said they could check it since I didn't have to fly until the morning and could pick it up on the way to my crash pad. The lead handed me a dead head tag and the agent took my bag saying he would put it in the forward bin. The FO said he would get it for me when we arrived so I could avoid baggage claim. OK. Sounds good. Only one thing.... after arrival the FO came back up with a look on his face saying my bag was no where to be found. Oops. I did feel bad for the crew, they were embarrassed but it wasn't their fault.

I called SWA to tell them I might be late the next day since it was almost 10:00 pm and I would have wait until the next day to cab it to the nearest store to grab some stuff for my trips before my 9:00 am show. Twenty minutes later I got a call from one of the assistant chiefs saying he was on his way to pick me up and take me to Walmart. I told him he didn't have to but he insisted. Kudos dude.

Delta called the next day to say my bag was at the Atl bag services office. Not sure how that happened. No slam on Delta, they have been getting me to work for the last few months with no hiccups.

Cheers

I commuted on Delta out of BHM to ATL for years. Always had a good experience and as the previous poster wrote, many times the Delta pilots, and FAs, went out of their way for me, as well as the super Delta gate agents in BHM.

A few times commuted on SWA back to BHM and also was treated great by the crews.

Thanks to all.

Our chiefs are, by and large, really really good

Latest resources

Back