KUCA will be no more..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UCA to RME

I flew out of UCA for 2 years for an aerial survey company based there.... I wonder why this is happening? Those county FBO guys are a piece of work, talk about a good 'old boys club, haha, I think they are all related by blood....

Hey Joe!

Guess they figure that 12,000 ft runway at the old air base is going to waste and it's to expensive to run both airports.

Lai

Capt. JD said:
I flew out of UCA for 2 years for an aerial survey company based there.... I wonder why this is happening? Those county FBO guys are a piece of work, talk about a good 'old boys club, haha, I think they are all related by blood....

Hey Joe,
Bob got upset with the FBO people last time I was there because all the tie down holes was froozen and we had to unfreeze it ourself. They are a piece of work. Landcare may move to SYR or RME. If the price is right of course.

Donald

Whats up guys. It is too bad UCA is closing, I liked that airport, FBO guys aside. It would be nice if they would let FBO ops be run by a private company when they go to Rome. I hope LAI gets a deal at Rome, because the drive to SYR everyday from Utica would be a killer. Especially for Al in Maint. Anyway you guys at LAI take it easy.

WOW...its a LAI reunion here! My guess Bob would just head to RME. Most of the employees live closer to Rome anyway. Hope Bob isn't mad at me for getting an LAI pilot into my company company this week :) . Wish the Landcare guys a good and busy spring!

Sticky said:
WOW...its a LAI reunion here! My guess Bob would just head to RME. Most of the employees live closer to Rome anyway. Hope Bob isn't mad at me for getting an LAI pilot into my company company this week :) . Wish the Landcare guys a good and busy spring!

Thanks Sticky,

Who did you get in your company and what comapny you work for. And have I met you before? Yeah Bob what's RME. But he said if the price is right. I suggest CDW or HPN. :)

Donald

Hi Donald-

Don't think I met you before, I was only there from Feb to Aug 2003. We start most new hires as camera operators first, unless they have a good amount of multi (100-200 hrs.). PM me if you want more info.

What's gonna happen to the crazy old Italian guy who runs, I think is it, Galaxy Aviation. I stopped in there once and that old guy had me in stitches! Would love to have flown with him.

yeah..Luigi was great! Seemed like a nice little flight school he had going too.

Latest resources

Back