Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
I flew the HAWKZ1 into Seattle, yesterday. From FL340 to about 2200msl, we were idle. It was pretty slick.

Anyone doing continuous descent STARs elsewhere in the States?

Got it the other night as well, followed by a Bay visual clearance abeam alki. Idle from FL360 to 1000'. Impressive.

Asked the controllers and they are liking it as well, but are really looking forward to the RNP visuals to tie the whole thing together. Sequencing in with other traffic is going to be interesting.

I have a feeling we'll be landing on 16L/34R more.

I did the MARNR1 yesterday, too. They told us 34C, but the STAR only goes to 34L. Meh. A little bit of a gotcha, maybe. Still pretty cool.

Did it today. The only hitch I saw was the last fix coming from the south and landing south. We had a tailwind and couldn't make the 6500-6000/190kts at the same time. Go down or slow down at that last one with a tailwind. Otherwise it was really nice...let us see if they let us do it without molesting us though.

What is RIDICULOUS is that you still can't change approaches without the box reloading the whole damn STAR. WHY should changing a fix after a disco reload points you've already passed.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vepojo

I heard that is on Boeing's software priority list to be fixed...right after the disappearing secondary engine instruments issue.

Maybe the 737 Max will have these issues fixed.

Last edited:
I heard that is on Boeing's software priority list to be fixed...right after the disappearing secondary engine instruments issue.

Maybe the 737 Max will have these issues fixed.

I'm just hoping for a toilet seat that will stay up.

Latest resources

Back